If you have 10 minutes to spare, use this page to learn to navigate by the stars.
Archive for July, 2007
Wow, it was hot last night! So hot, I had to shut down the PVR:
Message from syslogd@ebi at Wed Jul 11 18:39:42 2007 …
ebi kernel: CPU0: Temperature above threshold
It seems like my plants are doing ok. There is a danger of the tomatoes dropping their blossoms before fruit has formed, but I don’t think that has happened.
And on a blogging note, there aren’t many times that I can have a post that’s in both the MythTV and Gardening categories!
Seven all-time temperature highs were set across British Columbia on Wednesday, with most of the records falling in the Fraser Valley, the Greater Vancouver area and on Vancouver Island.
Toronto’s iconic shopkeeper turned theatre impresario and philanthropist, Ed Mirvish, has died at the age of 92.
He died early Wednesday morning of natural causes, his family confirmed.
Although I’ve never been to Toronto, I have heard about Honest Ed’s from several different people, and it’s even been shown on one of my favourite shows, Food Jammers. It’s sad to see him go, and I hope his family continues his traditions.
I’m so excited that I got my first cucumber. It must have been some kind of freak accident because while there are male and female flowers on the rest of the vine, none of the other females have been fertilized yet. But it’s still early in the season, so I’m not worried. Trellising the cukes is so easy, and it saves a ton of space.
I thought I’d make a list of my favourite cars, in an ideal world where I had unlimited storage, money, and time.
- 92 Camaro, 25th anniversary edition, with the high rise spoiler. Black with red stripes. 5.7L with a 6-speed transmission. Some kind of intake manifold swap from the stock TPI.
- First gen Miata with the Ford V8 swap.
- 1960ish Lincoln Continental. White on white. Suicide doors. Hydraulics.
- 1968+ Corvair, turbocharged. White with blue stripes.
- 1993+ RX7 with the LS1 swap.
- 240/260/280Z with a V8 swap. So many options here.
- 1993-5 MR2 Turbo with T-tops.
- Porsche 914 with a Subaru engine. Lots of options here, but the STi engine would be most fun.
- Porsche 944 with the LS1.
- Jaguar XJ6 with an LT1 engine.
- 1968 Impala Supersport, completely stock. I’d love to be able to find the one my grandpa owned, but chances of that are practically nil.
- 1957 Willys Jeep. First car I ever owned, and sold to pay for university.
Paid AMIs allow AWS developers to charge other Amazon EC2 users for the use of AMIs they have created and shared. Sellers of AMIs set the price, and their customers then purchase one or more AMIs and are billed through Amazon.com for their use of these paid AMIs.
Right now, only a select group of people can create paid AMIs, but hopefully they will open it up to more in the future.