Had my last rabies shot yesterday. The people in the Richmond Health Unit know me quite well by now.
This time I was in the room while the nurse prepared the needle, so I’m slowing getting desensitized to them. I started to freak out a bit when she attached the needle, but she explained that there is a big needle for filling the syringe, then she switches to a smaller needle for the actual injection.
I’m hoping that I won’t have as severe of a reaction this time. The previous shot made me feel terrible, like I had the flu. I went to bed at about 8:30 that night because I felt so awful.
My arm still hurts though, it’s a 1cc injection, compared to your standard 0.5cc for a flu shot.
I’ve been thinking a lot about weed control in a square foot garden system, and this coming spring I’m going to try mulching with cardboard which will be useful in the square foot gardening system.
We have a bunch of moving boxes left over that should be able to be cut nicely into 2×4 rectangles. I’m going to find a punch or hole saw that can cut holes big enough to put a peat seedling in, and also get a root vegetable out. Using the punch, I’ll put the holes in the cardboard to match whatever I’m planing at the moment.
When the time comes for planting, the soaker hose will be put down first so it is flush with the dirt, then the cardboard placed on top, anchored so it won’t blow away. It can even be nicely labeled for quick identification while planting and picking.
Two of these will cover a 4×4 square nicely.
When a single square is finished, it could either be cut out, or maybe a small crop of radishes could be planted there until all of the squares in the planter are done.
Last night I upgraded the kernel and all of the related drivers on the mythtv box. Updating IVTV from the 0.4 series to 0.7 series broke things with the tuners, because they were renamed from Tuner 0 to Tuner 1. In the mythbackend logs, the error was related in the ChannelBase category. It was a weird error because it could still read from /dev/video0, but it couldn’t set the channel.
I deleted the tuner, added the new one as Tuner 1, and restarted mythbackend. Worked fine after that.
There is still a weird problem with the audio, where it doesn’t work the first time the frontend is started, but it works every time after that. Must be an ALSA issue.